Fresh Leaf Co. Smash Burgers
Craving a hearty burger experience? Try our Fresh Leaf Co. Smash Burgers.
1 bag of Fresh Leaf Co. red + green baby leaf salad
Seeded brioche buns x4
550g mince (25% fat content)
Any sliced cheese of your choice
Large tomatoes x2
Red onions x1
Dill for garnishing
American style mustard x2 tablespoons
Chutney or relish of your choice x2 tablespoons
Olive oil x1 tablespoon
Salt & pepper to taste
how to make…
1. Portion the mince into approximately 70g balls
2. Thinly chop onions and caramelise them on medium to high heat (pop these to the side for later)
3. Thinly slice your tomatoes (pop these to the side for later)
4. Mince your pickled gherkin (pop to the side for garnishing later!)
5. Toast your buns on a heated pan or skillet with some olive oil until golden brown and set to the side
6. On a clean, hot pan set to medium/ high heat drop two of your mince balls into the pan, place a square of greaseproof paper on top, and smash down with a spatula or bacon weight. Ensure your burgers are approximately 1/4 of an inch thick. Remove the greaseproof immediately
7. Brush some mustard onto your patty and a generous amount of salt & pepper, cook each side for two minutes ensuring an even brown coverage.
8. 30 seconds before your smash burger is cooked, place your cheese on top, add a splash of water into the pan, and place a lid on top. Cook for a further 30 seconds until the cheese is melted!
9. Assemble your two smash burger patties with all of the trimmings, not forgetting your delicious Fresh Leaf Co. leaves! Sprinkle with some dill for garnishing and enjoy!
from farm to fork
Our salads are grown year-round in the UK. We create perfect
plant-growing conditions inside our vertical farm and this makes our leaves last longer.