Chicken and Red Onion Omelette with Salad
Easy to make, a super tasty and simple omelette.
2 large free-range eggs
1 small knob of unsalted butter
1 small handful of grated
Cheddar cheese (optional)
1 small red onion, sliced finely
60g ready cooked chicken
1 bag Fresh Leaf Co. Red + Green Mix
10 cherry tomatoes
5 slices of cucumber
takes 5 minutes
how to make…
1. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Beat well with a fork.
2. Heat a small knob of butter in a small frying pan on a low heat, and once melted and bubbling, add the eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly.
3. When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the cheese (if using).
4. Place the pan under a hot grill until the top layer of the omelette is firm.
5. Take a serving plate and using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelette, then slide it on the plate.
6. Place a layer of red onion, roasted chicken, salad, cherry tomatoes (chopped in half) and the cucumber slices on one half of the omelette. Gently fold over and enjoy!
from farm to fork
Our salads are grown year-round in the UK. We create perfect
plant-growing conditions inside our vertical farm and this makes our leaves last longer.